Candida is a naturally occurring, yet “opportunistic” fungus. Certain factors contribute to excess growth of Candida: antibiotic use, chronic stress, a diet high in carbohydrate, sugar, frequent alcohol consumption, use of hormonal birth control, and imbalance of bacteria in the microbiome. For people who struggle with fungal overgrowth, it is never just one issue.
When Candida is rampant, it can cause intense sugar cravings, brain fog, bloating, depression, anxiety, digestive issues and fatigue. What is worse, due to damage of the GI tract leading to leaky gut, candida overgrowth opens the door to inflammation and chronic disease.
Ready to deal with your symptoms and start healing?
Request an appointment for a personalized consultation:
- professional protocol for gut healing
- comprehensive assessment of symptoms, history and current diet
- testing options, including GI-MAP
Purchase The Candida Summit, which aired in July, to learn more about the root causes of candida issues:
- Dr Ken Brown, MD – A GI Doctor Approach to Candida
- Dr Elisa Song, MD – Candida and Children
- Dr Lindsey Berkson – Hormonal Imbalance and Candida
- Dr Mark Hyman, MD – What the heck should I eat to deal with Candida?
- Dr Dietrick Klinghardt, MD – EMF Radiation Link to Fungal Organisms
…..plus 30 other interviews on this topic.